123.hp.com/setup 6978 - HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup
123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer provides outstanding quality prints. Multiple connectivities and Automatic duplexing are the amazing features of this HP OJPro6978 Setup Printer. Set up your printer to make the most of its apps. Carry out the guidelines for setting your printer in the coming topics. You can also get support from our professional know-how by contacting them.
123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Printer Features
Load paper to the input tray. It can be either small photo paper or full-size paper.Lift the lid of the HP Officejet pro 6978 printer’s lid.Place the original document print side down on the right. Now, close the printer’s lid. Tap on Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color and start the copy job.Now, if you want to increase the number of copies, press the button multiple times.123.hp.com/setup 6978.
When you are planning to scan to a computer, make sure that your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer and the computer should be connected to each other and switched on. Place the original document print side down on the right front corner of the scanner glass. For better results, clean your scanner glass so that there are no dust particles or any foreign materials on it. If there are, it will affect the quality of the print out.123.hp.com/setup 6978.
The Fax option in your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer will enable you to transfer important files in a secured manner. From your fax-compatible printer you can easily transport legal documents and photos via fax to a particular person through the given fax number. Make sure the recipient also has a fax compatible printer with them.123.hp.com/setup 6978.
HP oficejet pro 6978 Setup
The hp officejet pro 6978 Setup printer driver is a program that demonstrates how to recognize and interact with your machine with a specific printer.
If the new HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer is available, you must configure it before starting to use the printer. Often you might have issues when setting up the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer. For certain instances, you may not be able to reach the printer even after you connect it. In these instances, a printer driver compatible with your operating system and printer must be set up or replaced.
Wireless network establishment is an essential part of HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup . Nevertheless, the initial setup of Officejet Pro can be difficult.
How to Setup or Install HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer?
- Once you have purchased the HP Officejet Pro 6878 printer, please check whether it is properly sealed.
- Unseal the printer box and check if it contains the printer components.
- Take from the box the HP printer, and that it on a plane sheet.
- Remove product materials from the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 System Printer and packaging tapes.
- Plug the printer and power supply power cable in.
- Ink cartridges are inserted into the correct slots.
- Load plain papers into a tray for input. Place the cartridges and full HP Officejet Pro6978 Printer system for the first time.
123.hp.com/ojpro6978, Printer setup & install
HP oficejet pro 6978 ePrint setup
HP Officejet pro 6978 ePrint setup allows users to email the email address of the printer to a document or file and have it printed. HP printers allowed with ePrint are able to print email messages attached to printer documents.
In the meantime, your printing system must be registered to use the HP ePrint cloud service called HP ePrint Core. Through this, a specific e-mail address is allocated to your Multi-Functional Printer. HP OfficeJet Pro supports faxing and scanning operation, get HP officejet pro 6978 Fax Setup instructions.
HP oficejet pro 6978 Windows setup
Download the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer machine. To save the operating system, click the buttons. Windows upgrade option is a safe way to update the software of your printer engine.
Windows Updates will identify your device and download any driver update. Often the user will find the correct driver from 123.hp.com/setup 6978 if the printer model is not registered with Microsoft.
HP oficejet pro 6978 Mac setup
Apple app update includes HP printer drivers for Mac. This refers to mac cmputers, OS X 10.11 El Captain, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Dragon.
Power the printer until software is installed. Then connect the hp officejet pro 6978 printer-computer via USB, LAN or wi-fi. The HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer driver from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 can also be downloaded. You can easily receive the fax on your computer when you have completed the simple HP Fax setup.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Ink Cartridge setup
Carry out the steps in replacing the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer ink cartridges in the following topics.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Press the power button to power the HP Officejet Pro printer.
- Ouvre the Officejet printer’s top access screen. At his place the carriage moves and settles.
- Wait until the carriage turns idle. Lift the cartridge lid which you would like to remove.
- Remove the imprinter cartridge. The new ink cartridge is unpacked.
- Never touch the ink nozzles and the contacts in copper colour.
- Drop on cassette safety tapes. Insert the appropriate space in.
- Open the printer’s cartridge lid and access screen.
- Align the cartridge and finish process of replacement.
How to Check Ink Levels in HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer?
- Check the level of the ink using either the related option on the printer’s control panel or its driver software.
- Find and pick an Ink Drop, Ink Rates or Cartridge icon on the HP OJPro6978 Setup Printer control panel.
- Now the level of the ink shows up on the front panel.
- Applications like the HP Smart app and HP Print and Scan Doctor application can also test the ink level of the cartridges.
123HPCOM OJPRO 6978 PRINTER CONNECTION SETUP
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Setup ePrinter driver can be installed from the internet itself with Auto-update facility. The Driver Installation process is a swift method that can be achieved from the OJ Pro EWS homepage. First of all try to connect your printer to a wireless router network. Ensure that the auto configuration gets complete and then the Wireless light is steadily glowing. Now open the OfficeJet Pro Embedded Web Server on your web browser.
- Click the Tools frame tab and then move the cursor towards printer updates
- Click Firmware Updates button to begin the automatic installation program
- Click Next and then progress until the firmware update gets complete
- Click Next button and then finish the Driver installation
- Now you can restart your printer and computer
- Press the ePrint button on the control panel to enable it
- You can Download HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 Printer software from 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 or 123.hp.com/setup 6978.
Note: You can also install HP OJPro 6978 series software and then go ahead to install the hp officejet pro 6978 printer driver
Step by step instructions for HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup
1: HP oficejet pro 6978 Wireless Setup
- Turn on HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Now you’ll see the printer’s home screen. Click the home screen wireless switch. Then press the “Adjustment” button in the lower left corner of the screen.
2: HP oficejet pro 6978 Wireless Setup Wizard
Select Wireless Setup Wizard from “Settings” screen if you already have a printer configuration, you will see a message saying “Wireless connections have been configured already. Are you sure you want to re-install? ”. To start the setup, select yes.
3: HP oficejet pro 6978 Wireless
Search routers Click “Start” for simple wireless setup instructions.
4: HP oficejet pro 6978 Select Network
The routers automatically attempt to detect and provide you with a list of networks available.
5: HP oficejet pro 6978 Network Link
Enter the password of the wireless network and complete the communication process if requested. It is the same as when connecting any of your wireless devices to the network. If you don’t know the password, you should contact the ISP.
6: Eventually, wireless name and password settings will be tested. When you click all right, your printer HP Officejet Pro 6978 can communicate with your wireless network successfully.
If the connection breaks, the password or internet link will be verified.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Driver Installation
HP Officejet pro 6978 Setup Printer Drivers for Windows
- Some are available via Windows Update. You can download the printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup 6978 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 if you do not have a CD or a DVD.
- Click Devices & Printers to access the printer window from the Start Menu.
- From the top line, press Add a Printer.
- Now you have to select the Printer Setup Wizard to connect to the Printer-Computer.
- A, cable USB or wireless network.
- Local printers can be enabled by tapping on the USB port using a USB cable.
- Select and install the correct driver for the same driver.
- The printer driver system is now working successfully.
HP oficejet pro 6978 Printer Mac Setup
- You have to build a new print queue on Mac when you update the program using Aple App Update.
- Go to the Device Preferences menu of Apple. Go to the print window: mac setup Check if your printer is in the list.
- The printer is shown: Disable and return the printer to check that the right driver is in operation. Click on the printer, then click on-) (to delete and then click on (+) to add. Click your printer’s name now and proceed.
- The printer is not listed: To add the printer, click on (+). Pick the printer name and proceed.
- If your printer is not shown, the printer has to test if a USB or LAN cable or a wireless network connects the printer to the Mac.
- Choose the name of your printer in the box for use (printer).
- Choose Use your printer to use. If software installation is appropriate, you can download and install the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer driver program now. Close the device settings window and try to print or search a test page now.
123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Wired printer setup guide
How to connect the printer with the USB cable?
- Take out the software CD that came with the printer and insert it in the CD-ROM drive. (NOTE: Do not connect the USB cable to your HP printer Officejet Pro 6978 until the printer asks you to do so.)
- Carefully, follow the instructions displayed on screen. When you are prompted, select USB option on the Connection Options screen.
- Complete the process by following the on-screen prompts.
NOTE: If you have successfully installed the software, the printer will function as plug-and- play printer. If you have failed in installing the software, insert the again and follow the same process.
How to change from a USB connection to a wireless connection?
Before you need to change the connection from USB to wireless, check thefollowing:
- Your HP printer should be connected to your printer via USB cable until youhave been asked to disconnect the cable.
- Your printer should be connected to the wireless network as your computer.
- Based on the operating system you use, do the following:
- Windows 8: On your Start screen, right click on an empty area. Now,tap on All apps from the app bar.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Desktop – -> Start – -> All Programs – – > HP – – >HP Officejet Pro 6978.
- From the options available, choose Printer Setup & Software.
- Tap on Convert a USB connected printer to wireless.
Follow the on screen prompts to complete the process.
123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Wireless setup guide
- Your wireless network connection is properly setup and in working condition.
- Your HP printer and the computer used should be connected to same wireless network.
- When asked, enter the wireless network name (SSID) and wireless password.
- Based on the level of security required, you may have to use a WPA, passphrase or WEP key.
On the printer’s control panel, touch the Wireless button and then tap on Settings. In the list of options available, choose Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the directions to complete the HP Officejet Pro 6978 setup.
How to change from a USB connection to wireless network (Windows)?
- Perform one of the following functions depending on your operating system.
- Windows 8.1: In the lower left hand corner of the desktop, click on the down arrowand choose your printer name. Now, click on Utilities.
- Windows 8: Right click on your Desktop screen and choose All Apps on the App bar.From the list of printers available, choose yours and then click on Utilities.
- Windows7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Click in the following order. Start à AllPrograms à HP àHPOfficejet Pro 6978.
- Download HP OJPRO Software from 123.hp.com/setup 6978 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6978
- Scroll through the list of options and then choose Printer Setup & Software.
- Choose Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the instructions.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Setup - 123.hp.com/setup 6978
- You have to install the printer driver on your device after the simple wireless link process.
- Link your printer to the same wireless network as your computer.
- Now go to 123.hp.com/setup 6978 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 website and download the car.
- Mount the driver of the hp officejet pro 6978 printer. You are now prepared to print a test version.
HP oficejet pro 6978 ePrint Setup HP ePrint is a cloud-based secure HP software. If you have an e-print HP printer available, if you have an active internet connection you can print from anywhere on your HP Officejet pro 6978.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer ePrint setup Steps
- Confirm the ePrint option for your printer by testing the ePrint icon in the printer control panel.
- Your printer should be connected to a wired or wireless internet communication network.
- Using the panel choices of the printer and toggle Web Services on.
Case 1: Click the HP ePrint icon for printers with a monitor
- If there is no icon or button, open the Setup or Network Setup or Wireless Settings Web Service menu.
- When prompted, switch the web services on and test firmware update with the printer panel power.
- The system displays now have the linked status, which means that HP Web Services is already enabled.
- Before that, the HP ePrint ON message can be found on the panel monitor.
HP ePrint is a cloud-based secure HP service
If you have an ePrint compatible HP printer, you can print from anywhere you have an active internet connection in your HP Officejet pro 6978.
HP ePrint setup steps in Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Confirm the ePrint choice of your printer by testing the ePrint icon in your printer’s control panel.
- Your printer should be connected to a wired or wireless internet communication network.
- Using the panel choices of the printer and toggle Web Services on
Case 2: For printers without a monitor
Use the Embedded WebServer (EWS) to turn on a Web Services
- If there is no touchscreen or LDC monitors.
- Check if the firmware of your printer is up to date. Otherwise, go to 123.hp.com/6978 and upgrade your firmware.
- To obtain the printer’s IP address, print a Network Settings self-test version.
- Open an internet browser on your computer after obtaining the IP address.
- Write the IP address of the printer in the address bar and click Write.
- A security certificate website shows. Continue press.
- Open the details page of the EWS now. The printer and the computer are on the same network. This confirms.
- On the EWS list, click the Web Services link. If required, press Start, turn on or activate.
- When a overview page of web services is shown, web services are already on.
- Under the Web Service Settings select Print Details Page and proceed to the next level.
How to Print on HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer?
The fast and easy step-by – step procedure for printing on HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer is given in the topic below.
- Edit the document you need to print or the image.
- Link your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Setup printer and computer to a router or access point in the same network.
- Open the document in your computer or laptop device.
- Click on the menu File, and select the option Print.
- To adjust the additional settings including layout, quality and more, select the Printer Properties option.
- If need be, preview the document and click the Print button.
- Call our customer support team for more guidelines for printing the document on the HP Officejet printer.
How to Copy on HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer?
- Place the document or picture you want to copy on the HP Officejet Pro6978 printer scanner panel.
- Tap the Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo icon on the HP Officejet 6978 Printer function panel.
- Go to Settings and change the settings for additional copies.
- Finally, to start copy feature, tap the Start Black or Start Color button.
- If you are having trouble performing the copy feature on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer, please contact our technical expertise.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Factory Reset
In the forthcoming subject, perform step by step process to reset the HP printer to its default settings.
- Start up the HP Officejet Printer Pro 6978 if previously turned off.
- Link your HP printer and computer to a router or access point in the same network.
- Click the Start menu located in the computer display at the bottom left corner.
- Type devices in the search bar, and select Tablets and Printers.
- Find your printer name, and select it.
- Select the Set option as Default Printer.
- Now resets the Configured 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Printer to default settings.
123.hp.com/ojpro6978 – HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting
Don’t worry or panic if your 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer has problems with printing , scanning, faxing or copying. Take these steps to repair your printer. The steps included help you to fix your printer without discrepancy and make it work. If the issue persists, don’t hesitate to contact our customer service.
Fix HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Issues
- Copy For line or color strip problem, wipe-clean the scanner and ADF rollers. Power supply check and the printer reset.
- Type your printer model number to find the ‘print quality’ for low print quality to fix the Fixing Bad Print quality of HP customer service.
- Check the power source and reset the 123.hp.com/setup 6978 printer if the copies are entirely black. Finally, adjust the functionality of the scanner bar.
- Boost the copy speed by adjusting the hp officejet pro 6978 system copy settings.
Hp officejet pro 6978 ink cartridge problem
The common issues with ink cartridges are:
- hp officejet pro 6978
- hp officejet pro 6978 ink replacement
- hp official jet pro 6978 ink measures to solve ink cartridge issues.
Check whether the ink cartridges are properly seated
- Wipe the clean, lint-free tissue of the Ink Cartridge and print head contacts.
- Try to put the ink cartridges back into place.
- Repeat the cleaning process to help you fix the problems.
- The question will be solved by resetting the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
- See the screen for the problem ink cartridge and then remove the problem with the hp officejet pro 6978 ink cartridge installation